5K and Kids’ Fun Run
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 / Contact: Melissa Gitlitz
As one of the biggest races in Hoboken, this event supports local youth charities, including the Jubilee Center and the Hoboken Boys and Girls Club. There is a fun run and other special events for the kids before the evening kicks off with 1500+ runners participating in the waterfront 5K. An after party along the pier is a great way for volunteers and runners alike to end a successful night.
(Photo Courtesy of Anthony S. Torres)
View photos from the 2012 5K race on Facebook!
- $30 pre-race at Fleet Feet Hoboken (cash or check only)
- $35 on race day
- (Download our application here to pay by check)
TIME & LOCATION: Pier A (1st & Sinatra Dr), Hoboken, NJ
- Kids’ Run – 3:30pm
- Check-in – 5:30pm (bag check is available)
- Race Start – 7:00pm
- After Party – Immediately following race (Free admission for runners, volunteers & sponsors – ID required)
RACE RESULTS: Will be available at compuscore.com or scan the QR code on the back of your race t-shirt!
TEAMS: Grab your friends to race and party together! It is easy to get started, just click “register” below and follow these easy steps.
- Log in or create an account through the “register now” link
- Select the “5K Run – Team Captain” category
- Create a team name and complete registration
- Share the link with your friends and have them select the “5K Run – Team Member” category and select your team name to join
PLEDGE FORM: Download the pledge form to raise money for your run.
PRE-EVENT: Every pre-registered runner receives a goody bag with free stuff! Pick up your race number and performance t-shirt in advance at Fleet Feet (604 Washington St) during the following times:
- Saturday 7/13 (12-5 pm)
- Sunday 7/14 (12-5 pm)
- Monday 7/15 (5-9 pm)
- Race day at the starting line on Pier A @ 5pm
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- CHECK-IN – 5:30pm
- RACE START – 7:00pm
- AFTER PARTY – Immediately following race (ID required) Free admission for runners, volunteers & sponsors
- SCORING TAGS – This race will use B-tags located on the back of your bib
- EMERGENCY CONTACT – Please be sure to fill in your emergency contact information on the back of your bib
- BAG CHECK – We strongly encourage you NOT bring a bag to the race. If you must bring one, there is a bag check area located at the end of Pier A. You’ll need to transfer all contents into the clear drawstring bag provided with your race materials with your bib number ‘bag’ label affixed. You may not put full bags inside the clear bag. Absolutely no bags, backpacks, or hydration packs will be allowed on the course. Any unattended bags will be confiscated by event security and could cause an interruption to the day’s events. We reserve the right to search any bag at any time.
- TRANSPORTATION – There will be street closings prior to the race so the best way to arrive is by public transportation (126 bus, PATH train, or ferry). We are NOT responsible for any tickets runners may incur as a result of parking on the street.
PRIZES: Medals will be awarded to the top three overall male and female finishers and the top three male and female finishers in each age group. They include gift certificates to Madison Bar and Grill, Biggie’s, Village Pourhouse, Little Town, V’s Barbershop, and NYSC. There will also be prizes for the top finishing teams.
Check out a video from our previous races to get you pumped for the event!
USA Track & Field Sanctioned Event