5K and Kids’ Fun Run – 2014
Sunday, July 13, 2014 / Contact: Lisa Harap
2014 Race Details
As one of the biggest races in Hoboken, this event supports local youth charities, including Hoboken Boys and Girls Club and the Jubilee Center. There is a fun run and other special events for the kids before the evening kicks off with 1500+ runners participating in the waterfront 5K. An after party along the pier is a great way for volunteers and runners alike to end a successful night.
Our 5K will go on as planned, rain or shine! A little rain never hurt anyone, and it will be a refreshing break from the heat. Quick tip: bring a hat with a visor to shield your eyes and plastic bags to keep electronics dry.
We may delay the race if we get reports that the weather will clear later at night. If this is the case, we’ll make an announcement at the start line at Pier A to notify our runners. In the event of thunderstorms, we’ll have to cancel the race. There will be no reschedule date. This will be communicated on our website, our Facebook and Twitter feeds, and we’ll also email all registered runners who provided an email address.
- $25 early bird special (through May 31)
- $30 pre-race online price (June 1 – July 11)
- $35 in-person registration (July 12 – 15)
- Kids’ race is free!
TIME & LOCATION: Pier A (1st & Sinatra Dr), Hoboken, NJ
- Kids’ Run – 3:30pm NOTE: Our kids’ race has been moved to the Hoboken Boys & Girls Club at 123 Jefferson Street as a precaution due to inclement weather. The start time will remain 3:30pm.
- Check-in – 5:30pm (bag check is available)
- Race Start – 7:00pm NOTE: As of right now the race is still on. Check back for more details about a rain delay or cancellation. We’re hoping the weather cooperates!
- After Party – Immediately following race (Free admission for runners, volunteers & sponsors – ID required) NOTE: We will have tents for the after party in the event of rain. If the rain is heavy, we may move the after party to a nearby bar/restaurant. We’ll announce any changes.
TEAMS: Grab your friends to race and party together! It is easy to get started. Just designate yourself as a captains and then refer friends to join your team. For each friend you refer (using your referral link after signing up), you’ll get $1 off your entry fee.
HAPPY HOUR: In honor of our 10th annual 5K, we’ll be hosting a Happy Hour celebration for all runners, sponsors, donors, volunteers and friends at Pier 13 on Wednesday, June 4th at 6pm. Tickets will be issued to those who donate or sign up for the race which will be valid for a 15% discount on your bill. RSVP on Facebook and invite your friends!
RACE RESULTS: Will be available at compuscore.com or just scan the QR code on the back of your race t-shirt!
PRE-EVENT: Every pre-registered runner receives a goody bag with free stuff! Pick up your race number and performance t-shirt in advance at Fleet Feet (604 Washington St) during the following times:
- Saturday 7/12 (12-5 pm)
- Sunday 7/13 (12-5 pm)
- Monday 7/14 (5-9 pm)
- Race day at the starting line on Pier A @ 5pm
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- SCORING TAGS – This race will use B-tags located on the back of your bib
- EMERGENCY CONTACT – Please be sure to fill in your emergency contact information on the back of your bib
- BAG CHECK – We strongly encourage you NOT bring a bag to the race. If you must bring one, there is a bag check area located at the end of Pier A. You’ll need to transfer all contents into the clear drawstring bag provided with your race materials with your bib number ‘bag’ label affixed. You may not put full bags inside the clear bag. Absolutely no bags, backpacks, or hydration packs will be allowed on the course. Any unattended bags will be confiscated by event security and could cause an interruption to the day’s events. We reserve the right to search any bag at any time.
- TRANSPORTATION – There will be street closings prior to the race so the best way to arrive is by public transportation (126 bus, PATH train, or ferry). We are NOT responsible for any tickets runners may incur as a result of parking on the street.
PRIZES: Medals will be awarded to the fastest men, women, co-ed teams, and largest teams.
VOLUNTEER: There are plenty of opportunities to get involved. Join us for our next volunteer meeting or view a list of open volunteer positions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or just sign up on www.raceroster.com.
Check out a video from our previous races to get you pumped for the event!
USA Track & Field Sanctioned Event