PWP Jersey City 5K
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 / Contact: Erin Muller
After 10 successful years of Party With Purpose 5Ks in Hoboken, it is now time for Jersey City to have their own. The newest chapter is proud to announce the 1st Annual PWP Jersey City 5K and after party! Whether you want to run or volunteer, this event is a great way to get involved in the community and support local youth charities.
- $25 early bird special (through July 20)
- $30 discounted pre-race online price (July 21 – Sept 7)
- $35 pre-race online price (Sept 8 – 19)
- $35 in-person registration (Sept 20-23)
TIME & LOCATION: Hyatt Pier, 2 Exchange Place, Jersey City NJ
- Check-in – 5:00pm (bag check is available)
- Race Start – 6:00pm
- After Party – Immediately following race (Free admission for runners, volunteers & sponsors – ID required)
COURSE MAP: Coming soon.
RACE RESULTS: Will be available at compuscore.com
TEAMS: Grab your friends to race and party together! It is easy to get started. Just designate yourself as a captains and then refer friends to join your team. For each friend you refer (using your referral link after signing up), you’ll get $1 off your entry fee.
PRE-EVENT: Every pre-registered runner receives a goody bag with free stuff! Pick up your race number and performance t-shirt in advance the weekend before the race and day-of 1 hour prior to race start time. Additional details will be provided closer to race day.
AFTER PARTY: Every runner will get free admission to our after party, located at Exchange Plaza 3, right next to the finish line. There will be post-run massages, drinks, music provided by The Counterfeiters, and prizes to all of our top finishers.
IMPORTANT RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- SCORING TAGS – This race will use B-tags located on the back of your bib
- EMERGENCY CONTACT – Please be sure to fill in your emergency contact information on the back of your bib
- BAG CHECK – We strongly encourage you NOT bring a bag to the race. If you must bring one, there is a bag check area. You’ll need to transfer all contents into the clear drawstring bag provided with your race materials with your bib number ‘bag’ label affixed. You may not put full bags inside the clear bag. Absolutely no bags, backpacks, or hydration packs will be allowed on the course. Any unattended bags will be confiscated by event security and could cause an interruption to the day’s events. We reserve the right to search any bag at any time.
- TRANSPORTATION – There will be street closings prior to the race so the best way to arrive is by public transportation (bus, PATH train, lightrail or ferry). We are NOT responsible for any tickets runners may incur as a result of parking on the street.
PRIZES: Medals will be awarded to the fastest men, women, co-ed teams, and largest teams.
PHOTOS: Race day photos are posted on our Facebook page. Take a look at some of the pre-event coverage, finishing shots, and after party.
5K VIDEO: Check out this video from our first-annual Jersey City 5K!